Tuesday, September 14

The Cuckoo Clock

The Cuckoo Clock by Mrs Molesworth - Kennady and I have been reading this book a little at a time at bedtime.  It seems like a really long time we've been working on it, but we've been interrupted by vacations and all kinds of things.  We have just one chapter left now so we will probably finish it tonight or tomorrow.  I found this book when I was a little girl - it was in a bookshelf at my Grandma's house, and I'm not sure where she got it.  It's possible that my Aunt Linda (who loves second-hand bookstores and old books) picked it up at a sale.  In any case, I was about Kennady's age or a bit older when I first read it and it was a favorite of mine.  I read it through every time I visited Grandma until I eventually took it home with me.  A few years ago I found it among my things stored at Mom's and brought it home with me, wondering if maybe Kennady would like it.  We've really enjoyed reading it together and I think it's grown her vocabulary and her ability to read aloud well.


I love the illustrations in the book too:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.