Monday, October 25

Recent Reads {Have a New Kid By Friday}



Have a New Kid by Friday by Dr Kevin Leman - I actually like the kids I have and don't have enough bedroom space to acquire another one at this point...  An online friend has been recommending this book and sharing how some of Dr Leman's suggestions have been helping her family, so I picked up the book from the library to have a look for myself.  I skimmed through it fairly quickly and appreciated Dr Leman's common-sense and straight-forward approach to discipline issues, as well as his humour sprinkled throughout.  The basic premise is that we all need to be responsible for our own behavior, and that we need to teach our children to be accountable for their own choices.  I found that many of the things Dr Leman suggests are similar to what we have done or are doing in our home, and got many good ideas for handling some of the annoying behaviors we deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.