
Fair is the Rose by Liz Curtis Higgs - After thoroughly enjoying the first in this series, Thorn in My Heart, I was eager to read the next installment, and wasn't disappointed. This picks up where the first left off, but focuses on Rose's point of view. Although I loved the book and was kept turning pages all the way through, this was harder for me to read than the first. And that is because I developed a bias against Rose early in this book. It didn't sit well with me that someone so selfish and so heartless towards those she claimed to love should get what she wanted. My heart broke for Leana and for Jamie in the difficulties they faced, ever more so as the story neared its conclusion. By the time I reached the end, I had softened somewhat towards Rose again, and had even more admiration and sympathy for Leana than before, and I am all anticipation for what Higgs has in store for me in the third book, Whence Came A Prince.
By the same author: Thorn in My Heart
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.