Saturday, March 16

Recent Reads {Planning High School Courses}

Planning High School Courses: Charting the Course Toward High School Graduation (Coffee Break Books)

Planning High School Courses by Lee Binz - I grabbed this first of "The HomeScholar Coffee Break Books" when it was offered free for Kindle (and even now, it is only 99 cents, so a great deal for home schoolers!). True to the impression of it being a coffee break book, it was a quick and easy read, but packed with great advice and ideas for parents wanting to home educate all the way through high school. As a homeschool mom myself, I have already managed to graduate one student, and the second one will graduate this year, but I have two more to go and am always willing to look at how we can do this better. I was glad to see that Lee's experience and advice lines up with much of my own philosophy of surviving the adventure of homeschooling through high school.  It's practical and manageable - and believable, coming from an experienced homeschool mom. This book covers the academic and traditional courses for high school and demystifies many of the fears that parents have as they realize their child will be in Grade NINE soon and worry about how they are going to manage high school courses. Lee has been there (and so have I) and this little book will reassure you that you can do this!

©2008-2013 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.