
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. It says anyone can play along, so I am! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
I just got started on a couple of new books this week. I was somewhat disappointed with the last Jeanne Kalogridis book I read, but have been wanting to read the one about Mona Lisa for awhile so I picked it up anyway. And how could I help but be interested in a book that starts this way:
My name is Lisa di Antonio Gherardini, though to acquaintances I am known simply as Madonna Lisa, and to those of the common class, Monna Lisa.
My name is Lisa di Antonio Gherardini, though to acquaintances I am known simply as Madonna Lisa, and to those of the common class, Monna Lisa.
My likeness has been recorded on wood, with boiled linseed oil and pigments dug from earth or crushed from semiprecious stones and applied with brushes made from the feathers of birds and the silken fur of animals.
~I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis, page 3

The other book I started is taking priority - part of the reason I prefer it is because it is not written in first person. I think I needed a break from that! It is a historical novel about Matilda, the daughter of Henry I of England, who doesn't usually get much attention among the monarchs of England.
And to hold on to power, Matilda thought, and knew it must be in everyone else's mind too. If her father could live that long, they might never have to deal with the threat of a woman on the throne.

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
Both sound interesting. Sometimes I get tired of books told in the first person too. My teasers this week are from The Chance by Robyn Carr and House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI'd enjoy both stories. I was especially fascinated by the description of materials used to record Mona's likeness.
ReplyDeleteMy Teaser is from SNOW FENCE ROAD.