Friday, February 26

Book Blogger Hop - February 26, 2016


Book Blogger Hop
Today - another Book Blogger Hop question from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.

Do your children, siblings, or other family members enjoy reading as much as you do? 

My husband does love to read, but isn't weak at the knees about books the way I am. Of our four children, only our daughter truly loves to read. She is very much like me - we love the smell of new books! My sister and my mom love to read too. And I have one aunt who probably influenced my love of books more than any other family member. She is a collector of books and loves reading, and I used to go with her to used book stores all the time hunting for treasures. Unfortunately, her eyesight is not good at all any more and she is no longer able to read.

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. How awful about your aunt. How awful it must be to not be able to do something you really love anymore. That's wonderful about your daughter. It's such fun when our children share our interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book-reading family.

    That must be awful for your aunt. Can she listen to audio books?

    Thanks for sharing, and have a great reading weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it was your Aunt that influenced you! It's what I'm hoping to do for my niece since no one in my family enjoys books

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful aunt! My greatest fear....losing my eye sight. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Sportochick’s Musings Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for audiobooks. I know it isn't quite the same as being able to read a print book, but at least I know when my eyesight goes, I won't have to give up books completely.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.