Monday, February 29

What I'm Reading - February 29, 2016

This post contains affiliate links. 

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! I'm also going to be linking up with Tales of a Pee Dee Mama for D.E.A.R. Monday (Drop Everything And Read).


I recently finished reading...

Miriam: A Treasures of the Nile Novel by Mesu Andrews - Absolutely wonderful book that will be released in a couple weeks! (Read my review HERE.)




I'm currently reading...

David and Bathsheba by Roberta Kells Dorr - I was having trouble getting into this one at first, but several chapters in and I am growing more and more interested to see how this author will novelize the well-known story.



Empty Nest: What's Next?: Parenting Adult Children Without Losing Your Mind by Michele Howe



A Beauty So Rare (A Belmont Mansion Novel) by Tamera Alexander - Just started this one - finally!




White Nights and Other Stories by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - This is for the Back to the Classics Challenge.




 Next on the stack...

The Prophetess: Deborah's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land) by Jill Eileen Smith
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

     


On my blogs last week . . .

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - Like a Watered Garden
Recent Reads - Miriam
Book Blogger Hop - February 26, 2016

And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - Quick Update Edition
From the High School Lesson Book - Eastern Europe
Virtual Refrigerator - Learning About Pysanky
Worksheets and Tests from HelpTeaching.com (A Schoolhouse Crew Review)
Quizzes and Tests


What are you reading?

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Empty Nest looks good...thanks for sharing, and enjoy your week. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice assortment of books! I feel like I have seen the male cover model for David and Bathsheba on a number of books lately. Doesn't he look familiar? Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I remember thinking he looked a bit like Blake Shelton!? Maybe I've seen him on other book covers though, now I'll have to look!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I just love Wuthering Heights. I actually *hated* it the first time I read it. Then, I had to read it again for another college class and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Beauty So Rare looks very inviting. So often fiction retelling the stories of the bible are so well done, hope they are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Wuthering Heights! The Prophetess looks like a book I would like.

    Thank you for linking up at DEAR Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.