Saturday, June 29

Monthly Bookshelf Review - June 2019

This post contains affiliate links.


June has been a busy whirlwind of a month, which I hadn't quite expected. We had days jam packed with appointments and meetings and outings of all kinds, and we finished off the month with a bit of travel. But I did some reading along the way - just not as much as I thought I would. The To Be Read stack is large! I also thought this would be posted on Friday, but something didn't go as planned so I'm a bit late.

June's Books Completed and Reviewed

The Express Bride by Kimberley Woodhouse - Jackie Rivers is managing a Pony Express station when Elijah Johnson shows up looking for clues to the whereabouts of his employer's long lost daughter, and it raises questions about her own past. (Read my full review HERE)



The Pink Bonnet: True Colors: Historical Stories of American Crime by Liz Tolsma - With the help of a sympathetic lawyer, widow Cecile Dowd is trying to find her three-year-old daughter who has fallen into the clutches of a corrupt adoption agent. (Read my full review HERE)



A Dangerous Collaboration (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery) by Deanna Raybourn - Veronica and Stoker look for answers regarding the mysterious disappearance of a bride on her wedding day, and foul play is definitely suspected! (Read my full review HERE)




The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners Trilogy) by Michelle Griep - After saving her from a highwayman attack, horse patrol captain Samuel Thatcher winds up escorting Abigail Gilbert across the moors to her fiance's home.  (Read my full review HERE)




During June I started reading:

 An Artless Demise (A Lady Darby Mystery) by Anna Lee Huber - Lady Kiera and her new husband Sebastian Gage find themselves in difficult situations when body snatchers strike in London and Kiera's past is raked up.




The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams Book 1): A Novel by Liz Johnson - Marie Carrington and Seth Sloane are both trying to escape their painful memories and wind up on Prince Edward Island helping Jack get a bed and breakfast up and running.




A Caribbean Mystery: A Miss Marple Mystery by Agatha Christie - Miss Marple is vacationing in the Caribbean and is intrigued by an old soldier's story of a man that seemed to have gotten away with murder.




Coming Up in July!
©2008-2019 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

6 comments:

  1. The Pink Bonnet sounds good,

    Have a joyful July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to do some traveling! That's always fun. I need to read some Sherry Thomas!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing A Dangerous Collaboration around---that cover is SO gorgeous!!!

    Hope July is a little less frenetic for you!


    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of A Dangerous Collaboration. It is so gorgeous. I'm glad you got some traveling done! I hope July is little less frenetic for you.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with all the hectic time you mentioned, you still had a great reading month. I also have a large TBR, but never have to worry about not having anything to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You read some interesting-sounding books! I hope you have a good July!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.