Monday, October 7

What I'm Readng - October 7, 2019

This post contains affiliate links.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I haven't been keeping up with a weekly schedule, so I kind of post these whenever! So in the past couple of weeks:

I finished reading . . . 

Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain  - I read this with my girls in a Lit class I'm teaching at our co-op. Everyone enjoyed this classic that includes a courtroom drama and switched identities. (Read my full review HERE.)




Secrets in the Mist (A Gothic Myths Novel) by Anna Lee Huber - Suspense, intrigue, secrets, and a simmering romance in this Gothic styled novel. (Read my full review HERE.)

  


A Study In Scarlet Women (The Lady Sherlock Series) by Sherry Thomas - In this version of Sherlock Holmes, the detective is actually a young woman named Charlotte Holmes, who must find a murderer when her own family comes under suspicion. (Read my full review HERE)




I'm currently reading . . .

Detective Trigger and the Ruby Collar by M.A. Owens - A clever mystery for young readers featuring a canine detective and a humorous film noir vibe.




A Stranger at Fellsworth by Sarah E. Ladd - With the passing of their parents, Annabelle's brother inherits a financial disaster, and she faces the loss of her position in society. The only option she sees is to go to her uncle at Fellsworth.




Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton - I started to see a connection (for the Connect 5 challenge) of books with themes of prejudice and racism. In order to finish the set of five, I decided to read this classic from my TBR, set in South Africa during the years of apartheid.





Next on the stack... 


War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

   


On my blogs recently . . . 

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - Great Reward
Recent Reads - Secrets in the Mist
Wordless Wednesday - Jazz
Monthly Bookshelf Review - September 2019
Recent Reads - Pudd'nhead Wilson
Scripture and a Snapshot - A Spring of Water
Share Four Somethings - September 2019
Scripture and a Snapshot - Wonderful Light
Wordless Wednesday - Quiet Moment
Recent Reads - A Study in Scarlet Women


And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Coffee Break Reading List (October 7, 2019)
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Five
Virtual Refrigerator - City At Night (From the Art Archives)
Fall Savings at SchoolhouseTeachers.com
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Four
Virtual Refrigerator - September Showcase
Za'atar Flatbread
Coffee Break Reading List (September 23, 2019)
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Three
Virtual Refrigerator - Saturn
A Conservatory Tour PhotoJournal - Longwood Gardens


What are you reading?


©2008-2019 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.