Friday, June 26

Share Four Somethings - June 2020

This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.



Last month I wrote my Four Somethings on Day Seventy of Lockdown. I think that makes today Day Ninety-six or so?! But who's counting?

Okay, I am. I'm counting. The shackles are looser, but it's still not right or normal. However, God is still good and He is still on the throne! And there are always good things going on, am I right? Let me see if I can come up with some new things to share this month.


Something Loved

Here we go. I love Pampered Chef. I especially love the stoneware and have for a long time. A friend of mine started selling PC in the fall and I was like, "cool, now I know somebody". And then this spring it's seemed like I was getting invited to a PC party on Facebook every week! I have a wishlist and I didn't mind getting one thing on my list from each hostess and helping out, but it was getting a little out of hand. But when I saw that the June hostess special was the cast iron skillet set, I couldn't help myself - I told my friend I was ready to host a Facebook party. I rarely step up to host a "purchase party" of any kind, so it was a reach for me, but it's been fun and I'm looking forward to getting my deal on the cast iron and maybe a few perks too. Since I'm talking about it, I might as well share my party's shopping page here just in case anyone else is interested: Kym's Summer Fresh and Fun Pampered Chef Party


What's in the Pampered Chef batter bowl? It was sourdough, which I turned into these bacon cheese rolls and cinnamon rolls.




Something Read

I completed and reviewed only two books in June. There are two I'll be finishing and reviewing very soon, but as of now those reviews aren't scheduled. You can see more about my reading in my Monthly Bookshelf Review for June 2020, which will be posted shortly.

The Green Dress by Liz Tolsma
Moving Beyond Anxiety by David Chadwick

   


Something Treasured

We always value our good health, but it's easy to take for granted too. This month I had an opportunity to be especially thankful for good health in general, but specifically for my vision. Near the beginning of the month I noticed new 'floaters' in one eye and while they were mildly annoying (it always looked to me like I had dirt on my nose!) I knew that they weren't unusual or anything to be worried about all on their own. But of course I was keeping an eye on them. Ha!! A few days after these appeared, we were having dinner with friends and while sitting on the patio in the evening, I had the sensation of a flash of light in my peripheral vision. This DID concern me a bit, and I called my eye doctor the next morning to set up an appointment. I spoke with the doctor on the phone and he referred me right to a retina specialist. When I spoke with the specialist, he had me come in for an exam the very next business day. And it turned out that I did indeed have tears in my retinas! Yes, both eyes. They repaired the eye with symptoms that first visit, and yesterday I returned to have the other eye repaired. They do it with a laser, which is pretty freaky, to be honest, but it's not painful and it's relatively quick. 

Our oldest son had serious tears in his retina when he was a teenager and had to have surgery to address the problem, so that experience taught me that it was important to have it checked right away. And overall, I'm so thankful for my vision and that I was able to have it looked after promptly.


Something Ahead

Well, this month I started doing an Introduction to Beekeeping course online. It's a basic non-credit course, but it's giving me the information I need to decide whether to pursue this idea of beekeeping that we've toyed with for a couple of years. I'm not certain it will happen, but we are looking at it and I think it's a strong possibility! A new adventure!


This post will be linked at Share Four Somethings hosted by HeatherGerwing.com


 ©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you were able to get your eyes fixed. Those cinnamon rolls look delicious! My sister-in-law just had an online Pampered Chef party so I think it's really going around these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truthfully did not know that Pampered Chef was still going strong...or even a thing! Where have I been? I assumed it went the way of Longaberger baskets, etc:( Glad you were able to get your eyes fixed - and caught the problem before it was worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and Amen! God is still good and He is still on His Throne!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.