This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
I have mixed feelings about August. It's my anniversary month, and usually that means a vacation. And usually pretty good weather, although hot. But it also signals the end of summer. While I look forward to the start of the school year and fall weather, there's still a bit of bittersweet to it. This year there's uncertainty about how school is going to work out and where we might be able to travel for upcoming vacations, and it's muddling up my mixed feelings even more! But here we go with this month's Something Loved, Something Read, Something Treasured, Something Ahead.
Something Loved
This is not the first time I've mentioned how much I love The Bible Project, and maybe it won't be the last. I love their podcasts and their video series, and so appreciate the many resources they make available - and all for free, because they are crowdfunded. I recently discovered that yes, there are posters to download of all their wonderful animated overviews of books of the Bible! And even more exciting to me is this newest resource - Classroom Beta. Free Graduate-level Bible classes. Yes, please.
Something Read
Another relatively slow reading month. Once co-op classes start I will have to keep up with the reading for the Literature class I teach, so it will be interesting to see how that affects my personal reading. I've completed and reviewed only two books in August, and one of those was listed last month as I anticipated finishing it very shortly. I have several I'm working on, as usual! You can see more about my reading in my Monthly Bookshelf Review for August 2020.
The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Dare
Well, Girl: An Inside-Out Journey to Wellness by Jami Amerine
Something Treasured
Vacation time! My husband and I were able to go away for a long weekend at the beginning of the month to celebrate our anniversary. Low-key and relaxing. We walked mountain trails in the northern tier of Pennsylvania and stayed up all night stargazing at Cherry Springs State Park. A treasure to have adventures together on vacation, to be celebrating so many years of marriage (thirty-three, to be exact), and to see the wonder of the night sky.
Something Ahead
Our homeschool co-op classes begin soon! This is a pretty big deal because in our state the public schools are almost entirely virtual learning for now, and only some of the private schools are opening. Homeschool co-ops are affected also, usually because of restrictions in using the buildings where they meet. Our co-op for middle and high school grades will be meeting, but we had to make some changes and we are in a new location. But we are anticipating a great year! I will be teaching three classes this year - Non-fiction Writing, Creative Writing, and Literature - all for high school students.
©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.