Saturday, February 27

Scripture and a Snapshot - Recuperate


Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits -
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
not will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

~Psalm 103:1-5, 8-12~


What love, patience, and grace! Not only does God forgive us and redeem us, but he heals us and gives us strength. Our sin is a disease and damages us in so many ways. Sin has damaged mankind and all of creation, and because we live in a fallen world, some of those effects won't be erased until we reach heaven. But God has had a plan to save us right from the beginning. He has been working to bring us back into right relationship with him and with each other. He saves us and gives us the Holy Spirit, and so we can recover from the sickness and weariness of sin, we can regain our health and strength, we can recover from our losses, and we can be restored to God.

recuperate - verb (used without object)  -  to recover from sickness or exhaustion; regain health or strength; to recover from financial loss.
verb (used with object) - to restore to health, vigor, etc.




Thank you for joining Scripture & A Snapshot. Leave a link to your own post sharing a Scripture and a Snapshot. Take time to visit some of the other links and bless each other with comments.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
I also link up at Sunday Scripture Blessings, hosted by Peabea's Photos 'n Scribbles; and at Selah, hosted by A Spirit of Simplicity.


This post is also part of the Write 28 Days Blogging Challenge hosted by Anita Ojeda. Find all my posts for the challenge here: Write 28 Days Blogging Challenge - Disappointed




©2008-2021 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

5 comments:

  1. Kym, thank you for including the definition of recuperate as it encouraged me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to review Psalm 103. It's a real favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His Love as big as the whole wide world, and I like how this scripture describes it. From the east to the west. I know with my grandbaby, I always held out my hand and closed two fingers and said that is how much I love you, but he said well that's not much, but then I explained and went all around until they then closed, then he understood. Same as God loves all His. Great reminder. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What blessed benefits! That's a favorite psalm, and how neat to delve into what recuperate means and how God provides recuperation for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kym, hi! In recent days I've been reading the Psalms outloud before I get out of bed. At first it was kind of wierd, but now I love this focus. God's Word becomes even more alive when I'm speaking it back to Him!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.