This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
I sank into the nearest chair, feeling as if I had fought a physical battle but unsure whether I'd won or lost. So much had passed between me and Nick in that long, silent moment when our eyes met, an entirely different conversation from what we had expressed in words.
~At 56% of The Curse of Morton Abbey by Clarissa Harwood
The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to Page 56 or 56% on your e-reader.
*Find a snippet, short and sweet.
*Post it, and share in the Linky.
***************
I'll have Book Beginnings and First Line Fridays again next week, as we're just wrapping up vacation.
©2008-2021 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.



Sounds good. This week I am spotlighting a book from deep in my TBR pile - More Than Fiends by Maureen Child. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely intrigued for more! :-) Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThis book is off to great start. I hope you continue to enjoy it. My Friday quotes from the Tattooist of Auschwitz
ReplyDeleteI've been eyeing this one. Sounds like a great intro. :)
ReplyDeleteLauren @ Always Me
I really like the quote. Enjoy your current read!
ReplyDelete