This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
I'm on vacation this week, and didn't get this ready to post on Monday. A slower pace and reset priorities is a good thing now and then. I'm still recovering after a full knee replacement almost a month ago, and am focusing on time spent with family this week, but there's almost always a little time for reading too.
July's Books Completed and Reviewed
Off The Chain by Janice Thompson - Cute romantic comedy with little bit of a mystery on the side. Marigold Evans runs into trouble while on her first mission to rescue a puppy, and that same night the vet clinic where she works is vandalized. With the help of her friends she's determined to figure everything out. (Read my full review HERE)
The Heart of the Mountains by Pepper Basham - Cora Taylor shows up in the Blue Ridge Mountains to stay with her brother and bring her nursing experience to the mountain people. She wasn't prepared for the dangers and hardships she'd face, or to the friendship she'd develop with Jeb McAdams. (Read my full review HERE)
Short Stories in German for Beginners by Olly Richards - I've been using Duolingo to learn (or sort of relearn) German this past year, so my daughter bought me a book of short stories to help! It looks like it will be a fun challenge and I think this book will keep me busy for quite a long time.
During July I continued reading:
The Master Craftsman by Kelli Stuart - Ava Laine takes on a treasure hunt when her father's health prevents him from doing it. The prize is a previously unknown Faberge egg, and a 1900s timeline follows Karl Faberge and one of his trusted employees.
Obedient Unto Death by Liisa Eyerly - I had to set this aside for awhile, but am trying to finish it now. Sabina is a first century Christian in Ephesus, and she is trying to find out more about a young scribe who was murdered - before the church leader is executed for a crime he didn't commit.
Murder Most Fair by Anna Lee Huber
An Unexpected Peril by Deanna Raybourn
What I'm Highlighting . . . I'm taking a break from highlighting during the summer.
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
And on HS Coffee Break:
I Spy posts (#74-#81)
This post will be linked at the July 2022 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-up Link-up and Giveaway hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction
©2008-2022 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.




I'm very impressed by you reading Short Stories in German! I used Duolingo for a long time with my Spanish. It definitely helped, but I still can't understand a word when someone speaks Spanish quickly. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are recovering well from your knee replacement surgery. Off the Chain sounds like a fun read. The Master Craftsman has been on my radar. I'll be interested to hear what you think. Have a good August!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your German! I have used the stories by Andre Klein but I don't know the ones you mention. Hope they're helpful to you.
ReplyDelete