Here's a quick update on what I've been reading and watching lately.
I'm currently reading . . .
While the City Sleeps by Elizabeth Camden - Katherine is a dentist in 1913 New York, and happens to learn about a criminal plot that one of her patients talks about while under the influence of laughing gas. She turns to her acquaintance, policeman Jonathan Birch, for help.
The Comfort of Crows: A Backyard Year - Margaret Renkl - A collecction of short essays reflecting on the changes in nature and her backyard throughout the year. I'm actually finished but won't get to the review right away. It's coming soon!
The Terrifying Tales by Edgar Allen Poe - well, it IS October, after all! I usually read Dracula or some other classic spooky story during the Halloween month, and Poe is my choice this year. The Tell-Tale Heart and The Raven are favorites of mine and both are included in this collection.
Up Next . . . On the TBR stack . . .
Probably this one, though I'm really not sure at this point.
I finished reading . . .
Food For Thought: Essays and Ruminations by Alton Brown - a collection of essays by the Food Network star on topics related to food, cooking, memorable meals, show business and culture, and more. (Read my review HERE)
Before Beauty: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast by Brittany Fichter - A sweet version of the classic fairy tale, in which Isabelle is called upon to help break the curse on Prince Everard before his enemy can conquer the kingdom with dark magic. (Read my review HERE)
I've been watching . . .
We're watching the new season of Only Murders in the Building, of course! Hockey games when we can find them streaming, and once the MLB playoffs started we also watch Blue Jays games whenever we can stream those. So fun to watch them win over the Yankees, and now we're following their series with the Mariners. The first two games have not gone well for the Jays, so hopefully they can turn that around!
I've been listening to . . .
Someone You Can Build A Nest In by John Wiswell - a shapeshifter monster develops a relationship with a kind human that she thinks would be a perfect host for her eggs . . . until she realizes that humans have very different ways of expressing love, loyalty, and devotion.
Still lots of plays of Twenty One Pilots "Breach" as well as other music playlists I have on Spotify. I regularly listen to a selection of podcasts including political commentary, Grammar Girl, The Bible Project, and The Bible Book Club. There's a new official Only Murders in the Building podcast hosted by Michael Cyril Creighton (who plays Howard in the show) and I've been listening to that.
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
On my main coffee break project, A Fresh Cup of Coffee:
This post may be linked at What's On Your Bookshelf? #whatsonyourbookshelfchallenge hosted by Deb's World, and/or at the weekly reading list meme hosted at Book Date.

This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.













No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.