Here's a quick update on what I've been reading and watching lately.
I'm currently reading . . .
The Belle of Belgrave Square by Mimi Matthews - I'm actually on the final chapter of this Victorian romance inspired by the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. A notorious war hero and a shy bookish heiress agree to a marriage of convenience, but as Julia discovers more about her mysterious husband she is both intrigued and terrified.
Up Next . . . On the TBR stack . . .
An Unsuitable Job by Bonnie Hardy
Lady Susan by Jane Austen
Life From Scratch: A memoir of food, family, and forgiveness by Sasha Martin
I finished reading . . .
Secrets of the Maison Fournier by Amelia Pine - Emma, an American in Paris, falls under suspicion when a department store owner is murdered, and decides to find the real killer herself. (Read my review HERE)
A Certain Darkness by Anna Lee Huber - Verity and her husband Sidney are asked to investigate two different cases in Europe, and soon realize the cases are probably intertwined and both involve sensitive wartime information. (Read my review HERE)
I've been watching . . . We had been watching a fair amount of hockey, but with the Olympic break right now, that's on hold. I can't really watch any live coverage from the Olympics because of the time difference, but I'm watching highlights when I can, mostly of figure skating. Now that men's hockey is underway, I'll pay more attention to that. We did watch the SuperBowl, which was a pretty boring game, to be honest. We left the halftime show to play on the TV with the sound almost completely off, because none of us had any interest in Bad Bunny and couldn't understand it anyway, but my son works in media so he needed to have some idea what was happening. I wish we hadn't seen any of it - it was disgusting. We had the TPUSA half-time show playing on my laptop, and really enjoyed what we saw of that! The only movie or show I've watched recently is The Kingsmen: The Golden Circle a few nights ago. I really liked the other two Kingsmen movies and this one was good too, but there were a couple of things that were just too gross for me.
I've been listening to . . . podcasts and a variety of music. Scioto Valley Chorus is getting ready for the International competition in fall, so I'm listening to and learning new music for that!
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
On my main coffee break project, A Fresh Cup of Coffee:
***************
What are you reading?
This post may be linked at What's On Your Bookshelf? #whatsonyourbookshelfchallenge hosted by Deb's World.
This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.






.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.