Tuesday, March 4

Recent Reads {The Legend of the Firefish}

The Legend of the Firefish (Trophy Chase Trilogy)

The Legend of the Firefish by George Bryan Polivka.  I finished reading this one awhile ago and found it very enjoyable.  Again - a pirate theme, which is why I picked out the book in the first place!  This also has some of the flavor of POTC but a Christian theme.  The main character is an accomplished swordsman who has information from his late father about the feeding grounds of the legendary firefish.  He stows away on a pirate ship, hoping to be able to partner with the pirate captain in hunting the firefish.  Lots of adventure, and some unexpected twists along the way.  Unexpected to me, anyway.  Naturally, there is also a love story in the plot.    

This is the first of a trilogy, and I've ordered the second book - it will probably arrive within the next week, and I will have to force myself to finish the books I have started already before diving into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.