Saturday, December 4

Recent Reads {An Assembly Such as This}



An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan - It was only a matter of time until I picked up another Jane Austen spin-off series, and this one by Aidan focuses on the story of Pride and Prejudice from Darcy’s point of view. Much more story-telling and detail than in Mr Darcy’s Diary, which I read awhile ago, and I thought the author did a fine job of presenting perspective on characters and backstory in a style very similar to Austen’s. This made it quite believable and gives very plausible motives for some of the actions Darcy and others took in Pride and Prejudice. This is the first of a trilogy of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman books, and follows Darcy through his first arrival at Netherfield and his initial return to London, speculating on what he was doing, thinking, and feeling upon meeting the Bennets and other residents of Hertfordshire.  So far I've found this novel in three parts to be entertaining and interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Is it really authentic, with attitudes and thoughts that were common in that period? I find it such a disappointment to hear modern thoughts in old-fashioned people.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to know how authentic it is, since I'm not that old LOL, but it is definitely in keeping with Austen's style.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.