
Feed Your Family for $12 a Day by Rhonda Barfield - I finished this guide to saving money on groceries awhile ago, so this brief review is past due! The book was practical and written from real-life perspective, and I did find some useful information and ideas. I particularly appreciated that it wasn't written as a step-by-step formula of what to do and in what order - it was a collection of suggestions and options, often with pros and cons of different approaches given so that the reader can evaluate what is likely to work for her own family. Barfield includes a number of recipes that she has gathered and uses herself. She also references many other resources that the reader may find helpful. Near the end of the book is a "Checklist for Savings" where all the possible suggestions in the book are summarized in a bulleted list - I loved this because it saved me jotting down my own notes as I read, and gave me a quick reference to the things I decided we could try. Barfield also includes an Appendix with her own real life shopping list and menus, which really adds to practical value of the book, as I could see exactly what she bought and how she used it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.