This post may contain affiliate links.
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in Him."
~Lamentations 3:21-24~
This artwork was done by my daughter this past week, and I shared it in an art post on my homeschool blog, with this brief explanation:
It wasn't for an assignment, and she couldn't explain exactly why she'd chosen a scene like this. When she showed it to me and commented that it was kind of dark, I asked her if she was doing artwork in phases like Picasso, and this was her Dark Phase. She thought for a moment and said "No, because if it was really a Dark Phase, I wouldn't have included the cross."
Sometimes it seems that we go through a "dark phase" when the news seems to be mostly bad, the challenges seem overwhelming, and we feel we are drowning in sadness. If that is where you are today, I pray that you will find comfort and hope in knowing that God's faithfulness and mercy are greater than any darkness you face.
Scripture & a Snapshot is hosted by A Glimpse of Our Life.
The Weekend Brew is hosted by My Freshly Brewed Life.
The Weekend Brew is hosted by My Freshly Brewed Life.


I had a week like this. Where everything and nothing are grieving my soul and I have had to force myself to focus on His life and His love for me. Your daughter's picture is a representation of my week, and I am so glad you shared it. It has touched me. :) Hugs!
ReplyDeleteGlad to know it encouraged you, April! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Praying that this coming week holds great things for you.
DeleteI am so grateful you shared this. May I remember His Cross bursts into any darkness we may feel, may RECALL His great faithfulness & be filled with hope because of Him. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYes, we need to call to mind His faithfulness, don't we? It's always there, but we sometimes forget when times are tough. Thanks for commenting! Have a great week!
DeleteThat is such a beautiful truth that His light is there even in our darkest days. I love how the cross is the focal point in her picture.
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm proud of the spiritual insight she showed in this drawing. I'll pass on the compliment to her!
DeleteI am so thankful for His light which overcomes all darkness. Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew!
ReplyDelete