This post may contain affiliate links.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
"Fool!" cried the hunchback. "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known in this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.'"
He was quite cheery until the iocane powder took effect.
~The Princess Bride

"Miss Sumner is too pretty to be a nanny," Piper remarked to no one in particular.
"She's not too pretty to be our mama," Ben said.
~A Change of Fortune

These were both fun teasers. I haven't read The Princess Bride yet, but I adored the movie.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my Teaser. :)
Great cover on The Princess Bride.
ReplyDeleteMy TT this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-js
Nice teasers. I've read The Princess Bride but the other book is new to me. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read either book, but they look delightful. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “YOU CAN TRUST ME”
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to read 'The Princess Bride' for quite some time now, I should probably get on that! And the teaser for 'A Change of Fortune' is adorable! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteMy Tuesday post
Juli @ Universe in Words
I love the Princess Bride - both the movie and the book. The other teaser is cute. Have a great Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteI remember that line from The Princess Bride! It would be fun to read the book. A Change of Fortune sounds like a good story too. Good Teasers.
ReplyDeleteMy Tuesday post features ALL THAT GLITTERS.
I love the Princess Bride, but can you believe I have not yet read the book! Gah!
ReplyDeleteA Change of Fortune is something I would definitely read :) Thanks for sharing!
My Teaser
It's funny how much I enjoyed the movie, The Princess Bride, and yet never read the book. Both of these are good teasers:)
ReplyDeleteMy TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/17/teaser-tuesdays-102-the-loch-by-steve-alten/