This post contains affiliate links.
December's Books Completed and Reviewed
The Sound of Rain
by Sarah Loudin Thomas - After surviving a mine cave-in in West Virginia, Judd moves to Myrtle Beach where he starts a new job and meets Larkin Heyward, the owner's daughter. Trouble is, Larkin wants desperately to go to Appalachia and help the poor. If they have a future together, where will they live? (Read my full review HERE.)

India Black (A Madam of Espionage Mystery)
by Carol K. Carr - This was on my wish list for a long time before I remembered and started it. A London madam is drawn into espionage and intrigue when a War Office minister dies while in her establishment. (Read my full review HERE.)


During December I continued reading:
Isaiah's Daughter: A Novel of Prophets and Kings
by Mesu Andrews - I've been forcing myself to take my time with this so that my full review will appear close to the release date. It is so good! (I am reading the ARC)


During December I started reading:
French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano - This is a combination of memoir and advice, and is actually very entertaining and sensible reading!

The Ladies of Ivy Cottage (Tales from Ivy Hill)
by Julie Klassen - I'm working on this newest novel from Klassen for an upcoming review. It carries on the story of Jane Bell and delves deeper into the story of Jane's friend Rachel Ashcroft.
My Heart Belongs in Castle Gate, Utah: Leanna's Choice
by Angie Dicken
Judah's Wife: A Novel of the Maccabees (The Silent Years)
by Angela Hunt


The Sound of Rain
Judd kissed the top of her head. "Maybe your father's hip is just about out of joint by now. Maybe he's not too far off from figuring out what blessing he's after."
I had thought myself into a funk, which was unusual for me, as being a madam requires a great deal of optimism and perseverance, for God knows, it's not an easy life, what with the interfering busybodies trying to rescue me from a life of moral turpitude, the heartless peelers and the witless bints scratching and clawing at each other like a roomful of cats. Perhaps it was just the effects of several nights without sleep, the numbing cold and a particularly vicious brandy at one of the inns along the way, but whatever the reason, I was feeling glum.
An Awakened Heart (Orphan Train): An Orphan Train Novellaby Jody Hedlund - This prequel to the Orphan Train novels introduces Christine Pendleton and Guy Bedell, who run the mission in New York City. (Read my full review HERE.)
"I certainly don't mean to diminish their spiritual needs, but it appears we may be feeding their souls while allowing their bodies to languish." She cringed as she waited for the reverend to chastise her for being so outspoken.
Isaiah's Daughter: A Novel of Prophets and Kings
I am Hephzibah, not Ishma. Hephzibah, a daughter. Not a captive, not an orphan.
During December I started reading:
French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano - This is a combination of memoir and advice, and is actually very entertaining and sensible reading!
Hunger is distracting and unpleasant, almost as much as being bloated or stuffed. You should no more skip meals than you would skip filling your gas tank -- you'll only be stranded later.
The Ladies of Ivy Cottage (Tales from Ivy Hill)
The meeting proceeded, and Rachel was relieved when the focus shifted off of her. She sat quietly, but her mind remained busy dissecting the circulating library idea. Could she make a success of such an enterprise? Or would she end up a mortifying failure?
Coming Up in January!
My Heart Belongs in Castle Gate, Utah: Leanna's Choice
Judah's Wife: A Novel of the Maccabees (The Silent Years)
This post will be linked at:
5 Minutes For Books - What's On Your Nightstand? December 26
The Book Date - Reading Month In Review - December

The Book Date - Reading Month In Review - December

©2008-2017 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.