Monday, May 27

Monthly Bookshelf Review - May 2019

This post contains affiliate links.


May 2019 has been a good month, but not for my reading! It's usually a very busy month, and was even more so this year, as my activities included planning and hosting a homeschool fair, planning and celebrating my daughter's graduation from our homeschool, and having my parents here visiting for almost three weeks. 

May's Books Completed and Reviewed


The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi: My Journey into the Heart of Scriptural Faith and the Land Where It All Began by Kathie Lee Gifford - Gifford describes her personal experience and lessons learned on a trip to the Holy Land with Bible teacher Ray Vander Laan, with additional insights from Rabbi Jason Sobel.  (Read my full review HERE)




Shadow among Sheaves by Naomi Stephens - This story is set in England and based on the Biblical story of Ruth. A British widow returns to England with her widowed Indian daughter-in-law.  Recent clashes between British imperial forces and their Indian subjects have caused most of their English neighbors to be suspicious and prejudiced, and the two women face destitution.  (Read my full review HERE)




The Governess of Penwythe Hall (The Cornwall Novels) by Sarah E. Ladd - Cordelia Greythorne vowed she would never return to Cornwall, but that's exactly where her position as governess to five orphaned children takes her.  (Read my full review HERE)





During May I continued reading:

A Dangerous Collaboration (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery) by Deanna Raybourn - Veronica and Stoker travel to an island estate and are asked to help discover what happened to their host's bride, who disappeared mysteriously on her wedding day three years earlier.




During May I started reading:

The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners Trilogy) by Michelle Griep - Patrol captain Samuel Thatcher is looking forward to finishing his contract as a lawman and living a quieter life, but then he rescues Abigail Gilbert from highwaymen and winds up acting as her protector and delivering her to her betrothed. I'm just a couple of chapters in, but I'm betting she doesn't marry the man she was betrothed to. Just a wild guess!





Coming Up in June!
©2008-2019 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great reading month! I LOVE the cover for A Dangerous Collaboration!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy month but sometimes that's what happens. It's nice to have books that are on the go for awhile, I am just discovering that, as it makes the read slower and I find myself appreciating rather than rushing the read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May is always so busy! I'm glad you were still able to get some reading in though--looks like you read some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some interesting books you've read - adding them to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Veronica Speedwell mystery covers, one of these days I need to try one. Looks like you read some good books, I heard recently about Fervent, I need to look into that one. Have a great June!
    Check out my May Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your daughter's graduation! The visit with your parents sounds lovely to me as I haven't seen mine in a long time. Your reading month was very good with excellent choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you read a few good books during your busy month. I am just starting out as a homeschooler- having a graduate must feel like such an accomplishment! Happy reading in June!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.