This post contains affiliate links.

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I haven't been keeping up with a weekly schedule, so I kind of post these whenever! I also haven't been reading as many books lately. Too busy! So in the past couple of weeks:
I finished reading . . .
War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells - I had finished this one but didn't have the review up last time I updated, so I've included it again to add the review link. (Read my full review HERE.)


Immanuel Labor: God's Presence in Our Profession by Russell E. Gehrlein - I reviewed this informative guidebook to glorifying God through our work for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. (Read my full review HERE.)

©2008-2019 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells - I had finished this one but didn't have the review up last time I updated, so I've included it again to add the review link. (Read my full review HERE.)
Immanuel Labor: God's Presence in Our Profession by Russell E. Gehrlein - I reviewed this informative guidebook to glorifying God through our work for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. (Read my full review HERE.)
I'm currently reading . . .
Undertones by L.S. Popovich - Dane (a giant anteater) is the lead in an all animal jazz band. He stumbles onto a ruthless underground criminal operation as he's trying to find his polar bear girlfriend, who was kidnapped.

The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - Reading this with my girls in the Lit class. We were supposed to finish last week but all needed just a bit more time. I'm finding it delightful! It's actually a collection of short stories about a Quaker family.

Penny For Your Secrets by Anna Lee Huber - The latest in the Verity Kent series from one of my favorite authors! I'm pacing myself because I really need to finish the two books above before devouring this one!


Next on the stack...
The Rebel Bride by Shannon McNear
Church With No Walls by Noah Cleveland (started, but temporarily shelved)
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton (also temporarily shelved)
The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen





Undertones by L.S. Popovich - Dane (a giant anteater) is the lead in an all animal jazz band. He stumbles onto a ruthless underground criminal operation as he's trying to find his polar bear girlfriend, who was kidnapped.
The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - Reading this with my girls in the Lit class. We were supposed to finish last week but all needed just a bit more time. I'm finding it delightful! It's actually a collection of short stories about a Quaker family.
Penny For Your Secrets by Anna Lee Huber - The latest in the Verity Kent series from one of my favorite authors! I'm pacing myself because I really need to finish the two books above before devouring this one!
Next on the stack...
The Rebel Bride by Shannon McNear
Church With No Walls by Noah Cleveland (started, but temporarily shelved)
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton (also temporarily shelved)
The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen
On my blogs recently . . .
Here on Just A Second:
Scripture and a Snapshot - Let Us Be Thankful
Wordless Wednesday - Cloudy Skies
Scripture and a Snapshot - Thankful
Wordless Wednesday - Gingko Leaves
Scripture and a Snapshot - The Blessing
Recent Reads: Immanuel Labor: God's Presence in Our Profession
Wordless Wednesday - Autumn Sunshine
Recent Reads - The War of the Worlds
And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Twelve
Virtual Refrigerator - A Whale and Pumpkins
Coffee Break Reading List (November 19, 2019)
Homeschool Highlights - Blue Ribbon Edition
Virtual Refrigerator - From the Art Archives
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Ten
Virtual Refrigerator - Jolly Old Elf
Join the 2020 Homeschool Review Crew
Here on Just A Second:
Scripture and a Snapshot - Let Us Be Thankful
Wordless Wednesday - Cloudy Skies
Scripture and a Snapshot - Thankful
Wordless Wednesday - Gingko Leaves
Scripture and a Snapshot - The Blessing
Recent Reads: Immanuel Labor: God's Presence in Our Profession
Wordless Wednesday - Autumn Sunshine
Recent Reads - The War of the Worlds
And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Twelve
Virtual Refrigerator - A Whale and Pumpkins
Coffee Break Reading List (November 19, 2019)
Homeschool Highlights - Blue Ribbon Edition
Virtual Refrigerator - From the Art Archives
Homeschool Highlights - College and Co-op Week Ten
Virtual Refrigerator - Jolly Old Elf
Join the 2020 Homeschool Review Crew
What are you reading?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You have a great variety of books on your list. See what I've been reading at Girl Who Reads
ReplyDeleteUndertones sounds quite unique, I hope you enjoy it
ReplyDeleteHave a great reading week