Monday, December 9

What I'm Reading - December 9, 2019

This post contains affiliate links.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I haven't been keeping up with a weekly schedule, so I kind of post these whenever! I also haven't been reading as many books lately. Too busy! So in the past couple of weeks:

I finished reading . . . 

Undertones by L.S. Popovich - Dane, a giant anteater, plays guitar in an all animal jazz band, and while trying to find his kidnapped girlfriend, he winds up taking on the mob-like criminal underbelly of his town. (Read my full review HERE.)




I'm currently reading . . .

The Rebel Bride by Shannon McNear - a new installment in the Daughters of the Mayflower series, this one is about a young woman in Tennessee forced to open her home to wounded Union soldiers during the War Between the States. Can there be anything between this Confederate girl and a Yankee soldier?




Penny For Your Secrets by Anna Lee Huber - The latest in the Verity Kent series from one of my favorite authors! Got through the first half of it very quickly, but had to slow down in order to work on books for review and school.




The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - Didn't quite finish this collection of short stories about a Quaker family, which is for the Lit class I teach. We're starting on our next selection, but all of us have a little left on this one. I hope to finish it soon!




Next on the stack... 

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Church With No Walls by Noah Cleveland (started, but temporarily shelved)
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton (also temporarily shelved)
The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen

©2008-2019 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.