This post contains affiliate links.

In general, I've had less reading time over the past year for some reason, but in December it seemed I had almost no time! And even though I finished a couple of books for the Literature class I teach, I forgot all about writing reviews for them, so I will need to catch up with that at some point in January. I suppose I will need to consider whether to participate in any specific reading challenges in 2020, as I had limited success in my 2019 challenges. In any case, I'm looking forward to reading some great books in the year ahead!
December's Books Completed and Reviewed
The Rebel Bride by Shannon McNear - During the War Between the States, a wounded Union soldier is quartered at the home of Rebels in Tennessee. As Pearl is pressed into duty nursing Joshua and others, she learns compassion and understanding. Can friendship and love grow despite differing loyalties? (Read my full review HERE)



The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - This collection of short stories about a Quaker family was a featured read for my Literature class. I really enjoyed the simple, homey charm and humor. (Full review still to come!)

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie - The children's classic is the most recent book we covered in Lit class. It's been many, many years since I last read it, and I'd forgotten how differently Peter Pan is portrayed in the book as compared to the animated Disney movie! (Full review still to come!)

She Laughs by Carolanne Miljavac
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals
Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette
The Rebel Bride by Shannon McNear - During the War Between the States, a wounded Union soldier is quartered at the home of Rebels in Tennessee. As Pearl is pressed into duty nursing Joshua and others, she learns compassion and understanding. Can friendship and love grow despite differing loyalties? (Read my full review HERE)
Tiny Tim and the Ghost of Ebenezer Scrooge by Norman Whaler - A short novel styled as a sequel to Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. Years after the events of the original, Ebenezer Scrooge passes away just days before Christmas and Tiny Tim, now a young man, grieves the loss of his dear old friend. (Read my full review HERE)
The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - This collection of short stories about a Quaker family was a featured read for my Literature class. I really enjoyed the simple, homey charm and humor. (Full review still to come!)
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie - The children's classic is the most recent book we covered in Lit class. It's been many, many years since I last read it, and I'd forgotten how differently Peter Pan is portrayed in the book as compared to the animated Disney movie! (Full review still to come!)
During December I continued reading:
Penny For Your Secrets by Anna Lee Huber - It's surprising that I didn't finish the latest in this favorite series a lot earlier! I wanted to, but had to prioritize reading for Lit class and was so busy with holiday stuff that I didn't quite make it. Just a few pages left, which I will finish tonight!


During December I shelved:
Church With No Walls by Noah Cleveland - With so much going on during December, I thought it best to set this aside and start over sometime in January when I could commit to getting through it in the suggested 21 days!
Coming Up in January!
Penny For Your Secrets by Anna Lee Huber - It's surprising that I didn't finish the latest in this favorite series a lot earlier! I wanted to, but had to prioritize reading for Lit class and was so busy with holiday stuff that I didn't quite make it. Just a few pages left, which I will finish tonight!
During December I shelved:
Church With No Walls by Noah Cleveland - With so much going on during December, I thought it best to set this aside and start over sometime in January when I could commit to getting through it in the suggested 21 days!
Coming Up in January!
She Laughs by Carolanne Miljavac
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals
Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette
This post will be linked at:
©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

How interesting that someone wrote a sequel to A Christmas Carol---guess I shouldn't be surprised.
ReplyDeleteNicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
She Laughs is a book I'm hoping to read this year. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this one. I don't think I've ever read the original Peter Pan, but have enjoyed retellings based on the characters.
ReplyDelete