This post contains affiliate links.
Something Loved
I've loved each of the textbooks from Sharon Watson that I've used in my homeschool and in the homeschool co-op where I teach. I've taught Non-fiction Writing for High School, Creative Writing for High school, and high school Literature. The Lit course I'm teaching this year is called Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide, and is so good, but it's a LOT of reading for some of the kids to keep up with. It's a lot of reading for ME to keep up with, to be honest. So when I was asked if I would teach the course again next year, I decided that I'd go to the other course by Sharon Watson - Illuminating Literature: Characters in Crisis. This one studies fewer novels, and relies more on short stories, so I think it will be more manageable for all of us. But all that to say, if you happen to be a homeschooler, I can't recommend Sharon Watson's materials highly enough.

Something Read
I've loved each of the textbooks from Sharon Watson that I've used in my homeschool and in the homeschool co-op where I teach. I've taught Non-fiction Writing for High School, Creative Writing for High school, and high school Literature. The Lit course I'm teaching this year is called Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide, and is so good, but it's a LOT of reading for some of the kids to keep up with. It's a lot of reading for ME to keep up with, to be honest. So when I was asked if I would teach the course again next year, I decided that I'd go to the other course by Sharon Watson - Illuminating Literature: Characters in Crisis. This one studies fewer novels, and relies more on short stories, so I think it will be more manageable for all of us. But all that to say, if you happen to be a homeschooler, I can't recommend Sharon Watson's materials highly enough.
Something Read
I completed only one book in February, but I have quite a few I'm working on. Obviously I've been pretty busy, and just not finding as much time for reading as I'd like. It happens! You can see more about my reading in my Monthly Bookshelf Review for February 2020.
The Curse of the Healing Kiss by Mark McClelland

Something Treasured
Something Ahead
I have been thinking about how to refocus my other blog a bit (Homeschool Coffee Break has been primarily about homeschooling - I know you'd never figure that out from the name!) ever since my daughter graduated. I'm still working on ideas, but one thing I decided to do right now is jump into the Five Minute Friday writing community and start those weekly writing prompts. The thing that encouraged me to start now is the 10-Day Writing Prompt Challenge that begins on March 2nd.
©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ The Curse of the Healing Kiss by Mark McClelland
Something Treasured
I don't take Valentine's Day completely seriously, but of course I enjoy some extra sweetness and romance. Our Valentine's Day dinner at home turned out to be sort of a double date. My husband and daughter were home, and our daughter's boyfriend came over, but our older kids all had other plans. So it was just the four of us. The boyfriend brought flowers and they had gifts for each other . . . aaaaawwww . . . so sweet!
So that was romantic. But wait . . . the next day was the real romance! Our son proposed to his girlfriend so they are now officially engaged and starting to plan a wedding! These are moments to treasure, for sure. She lives with us and is also our daughter's very dear friend, so our daughter will be the Maid of Honor.
Something Ahead
I have been thinking about how to refocus my other blog a bit (Homeschool Coffee Break has been primarily about homeschooling - I know you'd never figure that out from the name!) ever since my daughter graduated. I'm still working on ideas, but one thing I decided to do right now is jump into the Five Minute Friday writing community and start those weekly writing prompts. The thing that encouraged me to start now is the 10-Day Writing Prompt Challenge that begins on March 2nd.
Also coming up in March is Open House and Open Registration at the homeschool co-op where I teach. I am slated to teach three courses next year, depending upon the number of students. I really enjoy teaching (despite the occasional frustrations that come with it!), and the co-op is an excellent resource for homeschooling families in our area, so I am hoping for its success!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.