This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee - thank you!

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't manage to post that often. At this point, I am posting and linking about once a month!
I finished reading . . .
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie - Finished this classic with my Lit class quite awhile ago, but hadn't yet posted the review when I did my last update. (Read my full review HERE.)
The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - a sweet, homey collection of short stories following Quaker couple Jess and Eliza Birdwell through the years. (Read my full review HERE.)

The Blizzard Bride by Susanne Dietze - Abigail goes as a schoolteacher to a small Nebraska town, but her secret purpose is to help the government identify a student who is the son of a dangerous counterfeiter. Turns out her old flame Dash Lassiter is the government agent on the job. (Read my full review HERE.)


©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie - Finished this classic with my Lit class quite awhile ago, but hadn't yet posted the review when I did my last update. (Read my full review HERE.)
The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - a sweet, homey collection of short stories following Quaker couple Jess and Eliza Birdwell through the years. (Read my full review HERE.)
The Blizzard Bride by Susanne Dietze - Abigail goes as a schoolteacher to a small Nebraska town, but her secret purpose is to help the government identify a student who is the son of a dangerous counterfeiter. Turns out her old flame Dash Lassiter is the government agent on the job. (Read my full review HERE.)
I'm currently reading . . .
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals - Okay, but I admit I AM crying from time to time as I read this memoir from one of the Little Rock Nine. It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that so many people were hateful and vicious enough to treat kids like this. Reading for the Lit class I teach, and it was supposed to be finished already, but I am still wrapping up!

Emma by Jane Austen - This classic was chosen for an online book club I'm in, and I know I won't be able to finish it before the discussion, but it's such a fun read anyway!

Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette - As a young and childless widow, Rivkah is expected to marry her late husband's younger brother, but she doesn't want to. Would it change her mind if she knew how much Malakhi loves her?

Next on the stack...
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
From Sky to Sky by Amanda G. Stevens



Emma by Jane Austen - This classic was chosen for an online book club I'm in, and I know I won't be able to finish it before the discussion, but it's such a fun read anyway!
Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette - As a young and childless widow, Rivkah is expected to marry her late husband's younger brother, but she doesn't want to. Would it change her mind if she knew how much Malakhi loves her?
The Curse of the Healing Kiss by Mark McClelland - This novella is in the style of a medieval French fairy tale. A beautiful and vivacious young woman is cursed by her jealous friend after a relationship gone wrong.


The Next Always by Nora Roberts - I chose to read this contemporary fiction because I discovered Roberts is a local author and this particular series is based in a town not far from me.


The Next Always by Nora Roberts - I chose to read this contemporary fiction because I discovered Roberts is a local author and this particular series is based in a town not far from me.
Next on the stack...
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
From Sky to Sky by Amanda G. Stevens
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Scripture and a Snapshot posts
Wordless Wednesday - Canadian Coffee
Monthly Bookshelf Review - January 2020 with Connect Five Friday
Share Four Somethings - January 2020
Wordless Wednesday - Cat Life
Connect Five Friday - Prejudice
And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Twenty-Six Lists #3 - Getting Out of Town #twentysixlists
Coffee Break Reading List (February 3, 2020)
Homeschool Highlights - Winter Break
January Photo Album
Twenty-Six Lists - Random Acts of Kindness #twentysixlists
Coffee Break Reading List (Martin Luther King Jr Day 2020)
Homeschool Highlights - New Schedule!
Auxiliary Kids
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Scripture and a Snapshot posts
Wordless Wednesday - Canadian Coffee
Monthly Bookshelf Review - January 2020 with Connect Five Friday
Share Four Somethings - January 2020
Wordless Wednesday - Cat Life
Connect Five Friday - Prejudice
And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Twenty-Six Lists #3 - Getting Out of Town #twentysixlists
Coffee Break Reading List (February 3, 2020)
Homeschool Highlights - Winter Break
January Photo Album
Twenty-Six Lists - Random Acts of Kindness #twentysixlists
Coffee Break Reading List (Martin Luther King Jr Day 2020)
Homeschool Highlights - New Schedule!
Auxiliary Kids
What I'm Highlighting . . . My friends that read Just A Second are invited to join me at Homeschool Coffee Break for the Twenty-Six Lists link-up. It's every other week and the list prompts are for everyone, not just homeschoolers.
What are you reading?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Wow! What an interesting variety of books! I hope you enjoy them all. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
ReplyDelete