
Pride and Prescience (Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged) by Carrie Bebris - Yes, it's me back on the Mr & Mrs Darcy tangents again. This was a really enjoyable read, the first in a series of "Mr & Mrs Darcy Mysteries" that follow the couple after their wedding. The story picks up on the wedding day, when the newly married Darcys and Bingleys find that Caroline Bingley is stealing the show yet again by announcing her own engagement and upcoming wedding. The Darcys find the timing sudden and odd, and when they meet coincidentally with Caroline and her new husband, they find even more to wonder at. A series of circumstances leads the cast of characters (the Darcys, the Bingleys, Caroline and her new husband, the Hursts, and a few others) to spend several weeks at Netherfield where strange and sinister events confront them, and only the Darcys seem to recognize the danger and work at solving the mystery and identifying the plotters. The book was a quick read, and very engaging. I liked it well enough that just this morning I bought my own copy of this and the following books in the Mr & Mrs Darcy Mystery series. My library doesn't own the second book in the series, so what else was I to do? ;-) I expect to dive into the second in the series just as soon as my order arrives in the mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.