Monday, August 9

Recent Reads {unChristian}



unChristian by David Kinnaman - I really took my time reading this book, which is a compilation and commentary on what surveys of "outsiders" reveal about the perceptions of Christians.  I preferred to read it in short chunks and then mentally chew on what I'd read before tackling the next section.  The research is eye-opening and really quite sobering; it should move all of us that claim to be Christians to think through our own attitudes and how we are representing the Gospel.   Did you know that a large percentage of "outsiders" (those who do not attend church or profess Christian faith) view Christians as hypocritical, judgmental, anti-homosexual, or sheltered and out-of-touch?  Sadly, too often their perceptions are based on their interactions with Christians who have acted in an "unChristian" way.   It's up to us to change those perceptions, starting with the outsiders that we each have contact with, by actually living what we say we believe and accurately reflecting Jesus Christ to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.