Saturday, August 14

Recent Reads {Remember Me?}



Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella - This was another book club pick, and I'm having a hard time deciding how many "stars" I would assign to it.  I think it might be easier to say what I liked and what I didn't.  What I liked:  the storyline really was engaging, with a plucky and spirited lead character (Lexi, who wakes up in the hospital after an accident to find that the most recent three years of her life are gone from her memory - including the fact that she is married and has a new career).  She has an optimistic and humourous outlook and tries her best to adjust and learn about her new life and make the best of things.  The cast of supporting characters is interesting and I really found myself wanting to know how each situation would turn out and how characters would react.  Lots of humour along the way, some more touching and dramatic scenes, and I felt I could usually admire Lexi's can-do attitude and optimism.  What I didn't care for:  the language.  This was the big drawback of the book for me, and I imagine it would be for many of the readers I know.  Most pages were liberally sprinkled with f-bombs.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.