
The Prophet by Francine Rivers - This is the fourth in Rivers' Sons of Encouragement series. Although it took me a long time to finish it, it certainly wasn't because I didn't enjoy the book! As with the previous books in the series, it is a slim volume and easy to read, with plenty of convenient places for a bookmark when I needed to set it aside. I had several other books I was working on while I was reading this one, so I took it in very small pieces. I also found that I often wanted to take some time to ponder what I'd read before going on. The Prophet is the story of the Old Testament prophet Amos, a shepherd from Judah, called by God to speak to the people of Israel. Rivers does a wonderful job of giving context and probable background to the prophecies Amos delivered, and her telling of the story makes it all much more real and immediate, and Amos becomes a real man who struggles to understand, to trust, and to obey.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.