Tuesday, July 26

Recent Reads {Eco-Chic Home}



Eco-Chic Home by Emily Anderson - I can't even begin to explain why this caught my eye at the library, because while I do attempt to be smart and responsible when it comes to the environment, I am certainly NOT a tree-hugger or anything like that. Basically I recycle, reuse, reduce consumption, and avoid unnecessary chemicals and processing when it's economical and/or relatively convenient. Anyway, these little how-to book is full of little tidbits of environmental information tucked in among a selection of projects that are supposed to be economical and environmentally-conscious ways to add style and function throughout the home. There were a lot of projects that I found intriguing and possibly worth trying; a few projects that I thought were irresistable; and quite a few that I thought were a whole lot of expense and trouble. Even those, however, were clever ideas.  Not a book that rocked my world, but a book that sparked a few ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.