Tuesday, July 12

Recent Reads {Healer}



Healer by Linda Windsor - I found this novel, first in a planned trilogy, by chance, having seen the second of the series on the feature shelf at the library. I hunted up the first so I could read them in order, and enjoyed it very much. the story is set in Arthurian era Scotland, during a time when clans and tribes had to unite against common enemies even while feuding with each other. The action opens with a prologue describing the slaughter of one king and his people by a jealous neighboring king. Only the infant daughter escapes the keep, in the care of her nurse, but she grows up hunted and isolated because of the prophecy her mother spoke as she died. Twenty years later, Brenna finds herself face to face with the son and heir of the warlord king that killed her parents, and both have to decide who they can trust and how the prophecy will affect their futures. A very engagin story that I found hard to put down. Now I'm more than ready to read the second, and then await publication of the third!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.