Sunday, January 6

Book Pledge


In 2011 I took the 50-book pledge, and recorded 72 books that I completed during the year.  At the beginning of 2012, I decided to raise the bar and see if I can read 75 books.  I didn't make it quite that far, but I recorded 65 books.  There were some I didn't include on this list, such as books I read aloud to some of the kids, and books that I worked on throughout the year but didn't actually finish cover to cover.

In 2013, I think I'll stick with 70 as my goal.  I'll be starting another page to keep track of the books as I finish them.

Following is the list of books I finished in 2012.  Some were good, and some not so much.  My thoughts on many of these are here on the blog, but not all.
  1. Darcy and Fitzwilliam - Karen V Wasylowski
  2. Merlin - Stephen R Lawhead
  3. Already Compromised - Ken Ham and Greg Hall with Britt Beemer
  4. A Darcy Christmas - Sharon Lathan, Amanda Grange, Carolyn Eberhart
  5. Tchaikovsky - Roland John Wiley
  6. Arthur - Stephen R Lawhead
  7. And Only to Deceive - Tasha Alexander
  8. The Begotten - Lisa T Bergren
  9. A Poisoned Season - Tasha Alexander
  10. The Skin Map - Stephen R Lawhead
  11. A Fatal Waltz - Tasha Alexander
  12. The Betrayed - Lisa T Bergren
  13. Tears of Pearl - Tasha Alexander
  14. Dangerous to Know - Tasha Alexander
  15. The Bone House - Stephen R Lawhead
  16. Compulsively Mr Darcy - Nina Benetton
  17. The Blessed - Lisa T Bergren
  18. A House for My Name - Peter J Leithart
  19. A Crimson Warning - Tasha Alexander
  20. The Guardian Duke - Jamie Carie
  21. The Duchess and the Dragon - Jamie Carie
  22. Garden of Madness - Tracey L Higley
  23. Madame Tussaud - Michelle Moran
  24. The Library Paradox - Catherine Shaw
  25. The Lady of the Rivers - Philippa Gregory
  26. The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Teens - Debra Bell
  27. Petra - Tracey L Higley
  28. Ben & Me - Cameron Gunn
  29. Henry V - William Shakespeare
  30. Have a New Teenager by Friday - Kevin Leman
  31. The Miracle at St Bruno's - Philippa Carr
  32. The Lion Triumphant - Philippa Carr
  33. The Witch from the Sea - Philippa Carr
  34. The Forgiven Duke - Jamie Carie
  35. The King's Mistress - Emma Campion
  36. Saraband for Two Sisters - Philippa Carr
  37. Lament for a Lost Lover - Philippa Carr
  38. Julius Caesar - William Shakespeare
  39. I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This! - Bob Newhart
  40. The Love Child - Philippa Carr
  41. The Heretic Queen - Michelle Moran
  42. Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions - Ken Ham, editor
  43. The Perfect Bride for Mr Darcy - Mary Lydon Simonsen
  44. Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maud Montgomery
  45. The Cellist of Sarajevo - Steven Galloway
  46. The Song of the Siren - Philippa Carr
  47. The Forever Queen - Helen Hollick
  48. The Killing Way - Tony Hays
  49. The Adulteress - Philippa Carr
  50. Will You Love Me in September? - Philippa Carr
  51. Knave of Hearts - Philippa Carr
  52. Voices in a Haunted Room - Philippa Carr
  53. The Return of the Gypsy - Philippa Carr
  54. Midsummer's Eve - Philippa Carr
  55. The Pool of St Branok - Philippa Carr
  56. A Christmas Beginning - Anne Perry
  57. A Christmas Homecoming - Anne Perry
  58. The Crystal Scepter - C.S. Lakin
  59. Glamorous Illusions - Lisa T Bergren
  60. Death in the Floating City - Tasha Alexander
  61. King Alfred's English - Laurie J White
  62. Sarai: A Novel - Jill Eileen Smith
  63. Veil of Pearls - MaryLu Tyndall
  64. Nefertiti - Michelle Moran
  65. Silent Night - Deanna Raybourn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.