Wednesday, January 2

Recent Reads {Nefertiti}


Nefertiti by Michelle Moran - This book has been on my to-read list for a long time, but wasn't available at the library.  UNTIL I got my Kindle, and then I could borrow the Kindle edition from the library - how awesome is that!  It was a great read too, just as I've come to expect from Moran.  The story of these legendary queen of Egypt is narrated by her younger half-sister Mutnodjmet, and the tale begins with the death of Pharoah's older son, whom Nefertiti had been expected to marry.  Not long afterwards, her marriage to the second son, Amunhotep, is negotiated, and the family is thrust into the political intrigues of Pharoah's household.  Mutnodjmet would prefer to continue to live a quiet life in the country, far from the palace and its political games, but her ties to her sister and the ruling families will not allow it.  Nefertiti and her family are locked in a competition with Amunhotep's first wife and her family for political advantage and position, and Mutnodjmet is drawn into dangerous positions time and again.  Meanwhile, Amunhotep becomes more obsessed with a minor god and selfish building schemes.  Ambition, intrigue, politics, and drama are on every page of this fictionalized account of the infamous queen of Egypt.

By the same author:  Cleopatra's Daughter, Madame Tussaud


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.