Saturday, January 30

Bookshelf Review - January 2016

This post contains affiliate links. 


January's Books Completed and Reviewed

The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires) by Stephen R Lawhead - I finished this near the end of December, but didn't get my review posted until January. (Read my review HERE.)

The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires, #5)

Odd Thomas: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean Koontz (along with Odd Thomas: You Are Destined to Be Together Forever (Short Story) - This was my December #collaboreads selection, which was a recommendation from a friend. I chose to read something my husband recommended, and now that I've read - and enjoyed - a Dean Koontz novel, the hubster keeps teasing me that he's now one of my favorite authors too. Umm... not yet. (Read my review HERE.)





 The Painter's Daughter by Julie Klassen - Another winner from Julie Klassen! (Read my review HERE.)



A Taste of Traditional Regency Romances: Extended excerpts of Regency novels (Bluestocking League Book 1) by Gail Eastwood, Camille Elliot, April Kihlstrom, Vanessa Riley, Regina Scott - I liked the first two excerpts, and the last one. The two in the middle were regrettable. (Read my review HERE.)



Worship Changes Everything: Experiencing God's Presence in Every Moment of Life by Darlene Zschech - I reviewed this for Bethany House, and also for my January #collaboreads selection. (Read my review HERE.)

     


During January I continued reading:

White Nights and Other Stories by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - I've completed a couple of the stories so far. Since it's a collection of short stories, I may read it just a bit at a time and it might take months to finish! Especially when I have reviews and other things that wind up taking a higher priority.




During January I started reading:

Undaunted Hope (Beacons of Hope) by Jody Hedlund - This is my next Bethany House review, so I've been reading it almost exclusively.



The Coffee Trader: A Novel by David Liss - reading on my Kindle

The Coffee Trader

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - a classic detective novel for the Back to the Classics Challenge (reading on my Kindle).




During January I shelved:

 A Royal Pain: A Royal Spyness Mystery by Rhys Bowen (audiobook) - As much as her royal spyness entertains me, I found it difficult to make time to listen, so I've set it aside for the time being.


Coming Up in February!

badge

What's On Your Nightstand

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. A lovely array of books for January. May your Feb reading be pleasurable and full of great books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very interesting books on your list. Hope you enjoy February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great month! I am curious about several of these, like Odd Thomas. Enjoy your February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Julie Klassen's books. Elizabeth Camden's are also great. Have a great February

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.