Monday, April 11

What I'm Reading - April 11, 2016

This post contains affiliate links. 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! I'm also going to be linking up with Tales of a Pee Dee Mama for D.E.A.R. Monday (Drop Everything And Read).


I recently finished reading...

Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant - lovely collection of memories and songs. (Read my full review HERE.)



The Adventuress: A Lady Emily Mystery by Tasha Alexander - the latest in one my favorite sleuth series! (Read my full review HERE.)





I'm currently reading...

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I think I might be getting to the good part. LOL




Counted With the Stars (Out From Egypt) by Connilyn Cossette - started a couple of days ago and am enjoying this so far.

     


The Prophetess: Deborah's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land) by Jill Eileen Smith - Just barely started, but if the first few pages are any indication, this will be good!



 Next on the stack...

One Vote: Make Your Voice Heard by Ben Carson, MD
Plugged-In Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War by Bob Waliszewski
The Curiosity Keeper (A Treasures of Surrey Novel) by Sarah E. Ladd
A Necessary Deception (The Daughters of Bainbridge House Book #1) by Laurie Alice Eakes
These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer


     

   



On my blogs last week . . .

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - Fortress
Recent Reads - The Adventuress
Recent Reads - Mosaic (March Memoir for #collaboreads)
Wordless Wednesday - Photo Session
Teaser Tuesday/First Chapter First Paragraph - The Adventuress


And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - No Spring Break Edition
From the High School Lesson Book - Free Helps for Homeschooling High School
Virtual Refrigerator - Painted Pottery
Vacation Plans
Looking Back at the Third Quarter
A Homeschool Coffee Break Spring Preview


What are you reading?

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to start that series by Tasha Alexander but haven't yet. I love These Old Shades and Devil's Cub by Heyer. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working my way slowly through Heyer's books and The Toll-Gate has probably been my favorite so far.

      Delete
  2. Tasha Alexander is on my list of authors to read. Is she similar to Deana Raybourn? I'll have to check that series out. It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alexander's Lady Emily series has quite a few similarities to Raybourn's Lady Julia. That's how I found Tasha Alexander, actually!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I remember reading Wuthering Heights in school and just absolutely hating it - Heathcliffe and Catherine just seemed such self-absorbed, mean and nasty characters that I couldn't stand them! But, that was 15+ years ago, so who knows how I would interpret the story and the characters now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Catherine is not at all likable!

      Delete
  5. Love the covers.

    I still like the look of The Adventuress.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.