Monday, April 25

What I'm Reading - April 25, 2016

This post contains affiliate links.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! I'm also going to be linking up with Tales of a Pee Dee Mama for D.E.A.R. Monday (Drop Everything And Read).



I finished reading . . .

Counted With the Stars (Out From Egypt) by Connilyn Cossette - I greatly enjoyed this novel with a unique perspective on the Exodus, and I highly recommend it! (Read my full review HERE.)

 

I'm currently reading . . .

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - It's true - this gets better the further you get into it. Still not at "loving it" status, but it definitely has my interest now.




The Prophetess: Deborah's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land) by Jill Eileen Smith - Got back to this after finishing the Cossette novel.



These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer - Just a chapter or two into it, and already intrigued by the trademark wit of Heyer.

 


 Next on the stack...

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
The Curiosity Keeper (A Treasures of Surrey Novel) by Sarah E. Ladd
A Necessary Deception (The Daughters of Bainbridge House Book #1) by Laurie Alice Eakes
One Vote: Make Your Voice Heard by Ben Carson, MD
Plugged-In Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War by Bob Waliszewski

 

    

     


On my blogs last week . . .

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - Count It Joy
Recent Reads - Counted With the Stars
Wordless Wednesday - April 20, 2016
Teaser Tuesday/First Chapter First Paragraph - Lady In the Mist


And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - Next Steps Edition
From the High School Lesson Book - Planning for Grad
Virtual Refrigerator - Sunset Contrasts
Math Mini-Courses to Close Learning Gaps (A Schoolhouse Crew Review)
X-Rays


What are you reading?

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Wuthering Heights was an interesting reading experience but not one I want to repeat frequently. I love Georgette Heyer and enjoyed The Scarlet Pimpernel too. Here is what my week looked like. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read Wuthering Heights again. It's been many, many years. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower, love your book lists. Looking forward to reading reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a number of Georgette Heyer books on my shelf that I want to read. I so enjoyed her when I was much younger and there was little else to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had to get deeper into Wuthering Heights before I liked it. Keep going! I finally read The Scarlet Pimpernel a couple years ago and I enjoyed it more than anticipated. Good list you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Counted with the Stars and The Prophetess both sound really interesting! I am not familiar with either of them, and I am always looking for something new. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.