A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
A person finds joy in giving an apt word--
and how good is a timely word!
~Proverbs 15:1, 23~
~Proverbs 15:1, 23~
Scripture & a Snapshot is hosted by A Glimpse of Our Life.
Let Us Grow is hosted by Let Us Walk Worthy
Let Us Grow is hosted by Let Us Walk Worthy


I've read this verse several times before,
ReplyDeleteA person finds joy in giving an apt word--
and how good is a timely word!
But I found myself reading it over and over again here on your blog as the the first sentence read like I was reading it for the first time. "A person FINDS JOY in giving an apt word".
I was just talking to my daughter about love languages and hers is words of affirmation. (In fact after I finished my link ups I had planned on writing her a note about how wonderful she made my birthday celebration today.) And as I meditated on the verse, I realized how true it is that we do receive joy when we lift others up or provide wisdom at just the right moment. But yet too often we miss that blessing because we can be stingy with our "apt words".
Thanks so much for sharing. :-)