This post contains affiliate links.
Welcome to another Book Blogger Hop question. Visit Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer to see the responses from other book bloggers.
What was the one time you thought the movie was better than the book?
The first and most obvious answer that comes to mind is Forrest Gump. I had never heard of the book prior to seeing the movie, but it was a movie that my husband and I loved. Some years later, I purchased the book as part of a birthday gift for my husband, and then I read it as well. It was dreadful. I hated it, and wished I'd never read it. Other than the title character's name, I saw so little resemblance between the book and the movie that I couldn't figure out how they could claim the movie was "based on the book".
©2008-2017 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never seen this movie.... I haven't read the book, either. Of course, the movie has received lots of acclaim. And the book? I never even knew there was one! I guess that should tell me just how bad it was, lol.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I need to get to both of them, so I can compare.
Today I'm answering this question at my other blog, MindSpirit Book Journeys. Here's the link:
http://mindspiritbookjourneys.blogspot.com/2017/01/book-blogger-hop-no-2-movie-was-better.html
Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!! :)
I've never read the book of Forrest Gump, but I do like the movie. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nickijmarkus.com/2017/01/feature-and-follow-friday-book-blogger.html
I haven't read the book nor have seen the movie.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a good weekend.
The sun is shining here.
Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer
Is it bad that I've never actually seen the movie either? I've heard lots about it but havent gotten around to watching it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog!