Tuesday, July 18

Teaser Tuesday - My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island: Maude's Mooring

This post contains affiliate links.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers! 

As he biked towards Maude's home Saturday morning, Ben couldn't stop wondering what on earth Maude Welling was doing working at the Grand Hotel. Was she scoping out a wealthy husband? Or had her family fallen on such hard times that she had to work? Or did they send her there to spy on their competition?

~My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island: Maude’s Mooring by Carrie Fancett Pagels, page 96




©2008-2017 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I've been to Mackinac Island a few times. Always fun to revisit through books.

    My TT from Black Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an interesting book! http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday4166780

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a picturesque cover! This is something I'd read, and I want to know why Maude's working at the hotel, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.