This post contains affiliate links.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
'Fool,' sniffed Liam before taking his leave of Conor. 'This is your own fault. You poked your nose into the hornet's nest and got what you deserved.'
~In the Region of the Summer Stars (Eirlandia Series)
by Stephen R. Lawhead, page 71
~In the Region of the Summer Stars (Eirlandia Series)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by I'd Rather Be At The Beach. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading.
Conor
Conor
I was ten summers old when the world changed. Twelve more have passed since then, yet I recall the details of that day as if it had happened yesterday and I was still that bare-legged boy.
Along with the other boys of the rath, my younger brothers and I were playing at hare and hounds when a rider appeared on the coast path. Visitors were a rare enough diversion that we dropped our game and ran to see who it might be.
We followed him for a closer look. The stranger was tall and gaunt, with a face burned brown by the sun and burnished by the wind. His eyes were sunk deep in his skull and looked out upon the world with the keen and haughty stare of a hunting hawk. His clothing and appearance marked him at once as something strange and mysterious to our young eyes. . .
Here's the blurb:
A new Celtic fantasy from the critically acclaimed author of the Pendragon Cycle.
Ravaged by Barbarian Scalda forces, the last hope for Eirlandia lies with the island's warring tribes.
Wrongly cast from his tribe, Conor, the firstborn son of a Celtic king, embarks on a dangerous mission to prove his innocence.
What he discovers will change Eirlandia forever. For the Scalda have captured the mystical Fae to use as an ultimate weapon.
And Conor's own people have joined in the invasion.
©2008-2018 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


Wow. What an opening. I'd definitely read this book.
ReplyDeleteMy TT from Beyond Dead
I really like the cover, but I'm not sure if it is my kind of book.
ReplyDelete