This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee - thank you!

I'm genuinely surprised to realize that I didn't actually finish a book in February! I've got several on the go, and a couple that I should be finished very soon, perhaps even before the month does end. But today is my day to wrap up the month's reading in a blog post, and this is where I'm at as of now.
February's Books Completed and Reviewed
During February I started reading:
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - This is the latest novel we're reading and studying in my Lit class. I'm reading and also listening to the Audiobook.


Sojourner Truth: All Men (and Women) are Created Equal
From Sky to Sky by Amanda G. Stevens
Claiming Mariah by Pam Hillman

On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Scripture and a Snapshot - Like A Tree
Connect Five Friday - Snowed In
Wordless Wednesday - A Sweet Valentine's Day
Scripture and a Snapshot - Love Is
Connect Five Friday - Featuring a Heart
Wordless Wednesday - Hershey Bears
And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Homeschool Highlights - Mild Mid-Winter Edition
Twenty-Six Lists - What Are You Good At? #twentysixlists
Successful Homeschool Science Labs
Coffee Break Reading List (President's Day 2020)
Homeschool Highights - Valentine's Day Edition
The Blizzard Bride by Susanne Dietze - Abigail Bracey has to cooperate with her former sweetheart, agent Dash Lassiter, to find the dangerous counterfeiter who murdered her father years earlier. I read this from NetGalley and reviewed it in January, but also received the paperback to review for Barbour Publishing, which I did in February. (Read my full review HERE)
"No. I think . . . oh Dash, what if Fletcher Pitch isn't coming to Wells? What if's already here? What if he's been here all along?"
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens - This is the latest novel we're reading and studying in my Lit class. I'm reading and also listening to the Audiobook.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair . . .
During February I continued reading:
During February I shelved:
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals - I skimmed through the last of this in time to finish our study of it in Lit class, and then set it aside until I caught up on some other reading. I will read those last couple chapters more carefully soon and review it, because it's such a good and compelling book!


Emma by Jane Austen - I could not get this finished in time for the book club discussion, so I shelved it for now. I have read it before, so I'll probably be able to pick up where I left off when I have the time to return to it.

Coming Up in March!
Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette - As a childless widow, Rivkah is expected to marry her late husband's brother Malakhi, but she resents the Hebrew custom and keeps looking for a way to avoid the wedding.


Malakhi may have charmed the women in his life into championing him, but I would make him understand that I would not be the fawning, compliant wife he undoubtedly imagined. He'd not walk to the elders and beg for release from the betrothal - he would run.
The Curse of the Healing Kiss by Mark McClelland - This is one that I expect to finish very shortly, as it's a relatively short novel and is going quickly. It's in the style of a old French fairytale, and overall I'm really enjoying it.


The Next Always by Nora Roberts - I think I'll be finished this one soon too. It's a contemporary love story - a young widow's relationship with one of the three brothers who are restoring an old inn. I chose it because the setting is a town not very far from where I live.


"I curse you with the power of bliss. It's a curse you will treasure and mistake for a gift - the curse of the healing kiss."
The Next Always by Nora Roberts - I think I'll be finished this one soon too. It's a contemporary love story - a young widow's relationship with one of the three brothers who are restoring an old inn. I chose it because the setting is a town not very far from where I live.
She gave the inn a last glance as she drove away. The place had been there for over two centuries, she mused. And somehow it was changing everything.
During February I shelved:
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals - I skimmed through the last of this in time to finish our study of it in Lit class, and then set it aside until I caught up on some other reading. I will read those last couple chapters more carefully soon and review it, because it's such a good and compelling book!
Emma by Jane Austen - I could not get this finished in time for the book club discussion, so I shelved it for now. I have read it before, so I'll probably be able to pick up where I left off when I have the time to return to it.
Coming Up in March!
Sojourner Truth: All Men (and Women) are Created Equal
From Sky to Sky by Amanda G. Stevens
Claiming Mariah by Pam Hillman
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Scripture and a Snapshot - Like A Tree
Connect Five Friday - Snowed In
Wordless Wednesday - A Sweet Valentine's Day
Scripture and a Snapshot - Love Is
Connect Five Friday - Featuring a Heart
Wordless Wednesday - Hershey Bears
And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Homeschool Highlights - Mild Mid-Winter Edition
Twenty-Six Lists - What Are You Good At? #twentysixlists
Successful Homeschool Science Labs
Coffee Break Reading List (President's Day 2020)
Homeschool Highights - Valentine's Day Edition
What I'm Highlighting . . . My friends that read Just A Second are invited to join me at Homeschool Coffee Break for the Twenty-Six Lists link-up. It's every other week and the list prompts are for everyone, not just homeschoolers.
This post will be linked at the February 2020 Wrap-Up Roundup and Giveaway hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction; and at the It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? weekly reading list meme hosted at Book Date.
©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.



You have quite a few books on the go! I haven't finished a book since January. I've been in another reading funk but plan on remedying that this evening:)
ReplyDeleteI hope you can stop by:
https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-22420.html
Colletta
I didn't finish much in February either. But I have a lot going as well, so one day they'll all be finished and it will appear that I read a lot quickly. ha.
ReplyDeleteI loved Warriors Don't Cry. Then I visited Little Rock and visited Central High and the visitors' center there. So moving.
I read a few books but I was hoping to get some of the march books read. Though they will have to be read in March and be released in march.. Looks like you have a few good reads. Enjoy.. Come on By and check out https://nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2020/02/monthly-wrap-up-february-2020.html
ReplyDeleteFebruary was my slowest book month since mid-2018, so something is in the air, I guess. Hope March is a great reading month for you!
ReplyDeleteThere's a new Emma movie coming out soon, so don't miss it! I love that book.
ReplyDelete