Friday, March 31

Down the TBR Hole #6

This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee. 

Welcome to my latest edition of Down The TBR Hole! Jody at the blog I'm Into Books has offered this solution to help remind us of all those books we added to our Goodreads list in the distant past and hopefully start managing the list. The idea is to start cleaning up our Goodreads TBR lists of all the books that have piled up over time, and share our progress in the link-up every Thursday. Here's how Jody explains it:

Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you're scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. 

So here's what we'll do: On the Goodreads to-read shelf, order all your books ascending by date added. Look at the first four (or more) books on the list, read the synopses and decide whether the books should stay or go. Post in the link-up and share using the hashtag #DTTBRH and tagging @Jodyblogs.

Here's what I found on Week Six:

The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant - This is a historical novel about the history of Florence, Italy during a very dramatic period. The heroine, Alessandra, is married to an older man but also has a relationship with a younger painter. It reminded me of something else I started reading awhile ago and just couldn't get into so I'm sending it down the hole. 



Sarah by Marek Halter - This one stays because it looks like a really interesting take on the background of this Bible character. 



The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner - This is a historical novel about Joanna of Castille, and looks really good. I'm keeping it. 


The Virgin Queen's Daughter by Ella March Chase - This one looks so good! It's about a lady in waiting to Queen Elizabeth I that was rumored to be her daughter. Definitely keeping this one. 


Basilica: The Splendor and the Scandal: Building St. Peter's by R.A. Scotti - This might be very interesting, but as it's non-fiction and looks to be more detailed than I'd have time for anytime soon, it's gone.


Well? I pared the list down by a couple of titles!

This post will be linked at Down The TBR Hole hosted by Jody at I'm Into Books.
#DTTBRH

©2008-2023 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't even get my post up this week, Kym. It looks like you got a few down. I hope you have a great weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.