I'm horribly behind on this blog - again. In an attempt to 'catch up' a little, I will do just brief entries on some of the books I read over the last couple months. And then try to mend my procrastinating ways. We'll see how that works out. ;-)

June by Lori Copeland - no sooner had I finished the other two books in this set, and I had to read the third sister's story as well. June is the youngest of the three girls who leave their Michigan hometown to become mail order brides in different parts of the country. June travels to Washington state planning to marry a young pastor. But nothing works out as planned - her fiance is very ill when she arrives, and dies before they can marry. June takes up his cause of raising money to build a tabernacle, while at the same time developing a love for the ministry of an orphanage run by her friend Samantha. The orphanage turns out to be the preferred beneficiary of her late fiance's best friend. June has to make some difficult choices and eventually finds happiness with a husband as well.
©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.