Tuesday, June 17

Teaser Tuesdays - June 17, 2014


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
In less than a year I'd gone from being a scholarship student with several different offers to a guy who had been expelled and was now eking out an existence at minimum-wage jobs. Where I had once been filled with optimism, I now felt cynical. My concept of Christian justice had been shattered by a college dean. My notion of a loving heavenly Father had been smashed by an abusive earthly father. I felt I had no choice but to fend for myself, spiritually and materially. 

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Interesting one :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-tuesdays_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a gripping story. I want to know more.
    My Teaser is from MAJOR PETTIGREW'S LAST
    STAND.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often thought his book would be an interesting read. Great teaser!

    Here's my TT post.

    ReplyDelete