Tuesday, October 14

Teaser Tuesdays: October 14, 2014

TeaserTuesdays2014e

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
I noticed after I chose these teasers that they are somewhat related. In the first, Aunt is responding cold-heartedly to her brother's claim on the family's carriage in case he needs to respond to a medical need (he is a doctor). To Aunt, nothing - nothing! - is as important as making the right appearance in society. In the second teaser, Margaret is ramping up a disagreement by claiming to feel faint - while yelling! - but Hugh is not buying it. Actually, Margaret is also obsessed with how society sees and accepts her at the cost of almost everything else. Despite the selfishness of these two ladies, these scenes both made me laugh when I read them.

"There are such things as emergencies."
"And anyone who expects you to attend them under such circumstances between the hours of four and six o'clock must be told to die some other day."
Aunt walked out the door.
~She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell, page 73
She Walks in Beauty

"Did you hear me, Hugh? I said I feel faint!"
Hugh tugged on the end of his mustache and pierced her with a stern look. "Anyone who has enough breath to shout isn't about to faint, Margaret."
The Brickmaker's Bride by Judith Miller, page 286
The Brickmaker's Bride (Refined by Love, #1)

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    The first teaser made me chuckle. =) I always love the starchy sarcasm of prim and proper older ladies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only she was just being sarcastic!! o.O

      Delete
  2. Both books sound good and both Teasers made me smile.
    My Tuesday post features WAR BRIDES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I like the second teaser, a lot!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun teasers. I needed to smile and now I need to check out this book:)
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/14/teaser-tuesdays-85-the-memory-closet/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, he has made an excellent observation, how could you not chuckle? Great teaser!

    Here's mine:
    The Empyrean Key | J.L. Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.