This post may contain affiliate links.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
I've got two selections to share this week. The first is from The Crimson Cord, a historical novel telling the story of the Biblical character Rahab. The second is a book I'll be reviewing on Homeschool Coffee Break soon - The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight. Hope you enjoy these snippets!
She was a slave. As she had been a slave in her marriage, now she was a slave to this pompous, wealthy man, who was as much a fool as Gamal. A different type of fool, but pride and greed always produced fools, no matter what level of success they achieved.
She had simply been traded from one fool to another, hopelessly bound to their desires.
The Crimson Cord: Rahab's Story
by Jill Eileen Smith, page 81

It's difficult to create a successful rhythm to your day if you are surrounded by another set of not-so-wonderful twins I like to call Chaos and Clutter. Left unmanaged, these brats will drain you of your time and energy. They are the nemesis of every busy homeschool mom. Along with their cousin, Excess, they are the enemy of a peaceful, organized home.
The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight
by Heidi St. John, 22% on my Kindle
(if my cover image is messed up, I promise I'll come fix it later!)
(if my cover image is messed up, I promise I'll come fix it later!)
©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

The Crimson Cord is one I haven't heard of before. It looks quite interesting. Rahab is one of those Biblical characters who does something quite important, but then you never hear of her again - one of those characters that you wonder whatever happened to them after that. Hope you're enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteThose are two very interesting teasers! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Cheers!
ReplyDelete