Monday, January 11

What I'm Reading - January 11, 2016

This post contains affiliate links. 

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! I'm also going to be linking up with Tales of a Pee Dee Mama for D.E.A.R. Monday (Drop Everything And Read).


I recently finished reading...

Well... nothing that I actually FINISHED this week. I've got plenty I'm working on though!

I'm currently reading...

Worship Changes Everything: Experiencing God's Presence in Every Moment of Life by Darlene Zschech

     

Odd Thomas: You Are Destined to Be Together Forever (Short Story) by Dean Koontz and Odd Thomas: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean Koontz - I'm going to review these together.
  

 The Painter's Daughter by Julie Klassen - This one just arrived from the library, and I am pretty sure that it's not going to be possible for me to renew it, so I got going right away!



White Nights and Other Stories by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - I'm reading this as part of the Back to the Classics Challenge.




 Next on the stack...

Undaunted Hope (Beacons of Hope) by Jody Hedlund - This just arrived, and I will be reviewing it for Bethany House.
David and Bathsheba by Roberta Kells Dorr
Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden
A Beauty So Rare (A Belmont Mansion Novel) by Tamera Alexander

 

    

  

On my blogs last week . . .

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - January 9, 2016
Back to the Classics Challenge 2016
Wordless Wednesday - Epiphany

And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - Back to the Books Edition
From the High School Lesson Book - Back to the Books
Virtual Refrigerator - New Coloring Books
Homeschooling High School - Graduation and Beyond!
Favorite Reads
January Plans

What are you reading?

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. I've loved all the books I've read by Julie Klassen, Hedlund and Camden. I hope you love them too. Have a great reading week. Oh, and worship does change everything. What would life be without it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I haven't met a Klassen or Hedlund book yet that I didn't love. I've only read one by Camden, but she's already made my Favorite Author list!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your Dean Koontz reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Julie Klassen, but her books do look tempting. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dean Koontz books are good. Have a great week. You can see mine here: http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy all your reads, still want to try a Julie Klassen. We used to have D.E.A.R. at school when I was teaching. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is Worship Changes Everything? I got excited because I thought it might have some insight about leading worship in a church setting, but then I read it was more about personal worship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good, but is definitely about living a life of worship rather than a how-to about leading worship. I was hoping there would be more about congregational worship too, because I'm a worship leader, but that's not the focus.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful covers. I hope you are having a good week.

    I am going to check our D.E.A.R.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Worship Changes Everything. It's on my TBR list.

    Thanks for linking up at D.E.A.R. Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.